24 September, 2012

How to: cheer yourself up / Como animarse

I got robbed. The next day I set off for DAS to try and get a new contraseña. That didn't go well, as they are under the impression I should pay $300,000 COP for a new one, and I do not suffer from this misconception (when I find out who is right I'll let the blogosphere know). So, what's a girl to do?

Well, if you're in a mood at DAS head south down the Cr 15. Next to the FotoJapon there's a couple selling really good arepas with cheese, ham, and eggs-with-onion-and-tomatoes for only 2300.


I challenge you to find something that tastes this good, is this filling, this closely resembles a balanced meal, is gluten free and costs less £1 in London. And where you get called a princess when they serve you :D A packet of crisps does not count.

Keep walking south on the Cr 15, stopping to get some fresh orange juice on the way, until you get to the Cl 85 with Cr 14. There you will find....

Knitting paradise! They even have seats outside to knit in!

La Mina! It's like the entire haberdashery department of John Lewis (including tiaras! I was very tempted) came to visit me in Colombia! Two balls of merino/alpaca and a couple of hours later I had a new hat:
Stuff you thieves - you can take my cédula but you can't take my knitting! Apparently you stole my ability to tidy up the stray ends of wool before I take photos though.

And just around the corner from that place of happiness, is this hairdressers:

Zoe: is life, is beauty.
Officially a good day after all :D

1 comment:

  1. Hola,

    It’s great to read your blog! That knitting shop looks super cute!

    Thought you might be interested in visiting our beautiful spot at some stage while you are in Colombia (if you need any further cheering up!!)- we offer a pretty special experience in our new hostel and private dining restaurant, in a stunning rural area just outside of Manizales!

    www.thesecretgardenmanizales.com
    http://www.facebook.com/THESECRETGARDENVILLAMARIAMANIZALES

    We have also developed a new travel guide to Colombia that tries to showcase some interesting or off-the-beaten-track destinations - you can check it out here (and some of your readers may be interested if they are hoping to explore Colombia!):

    http://www.thesecretgardenmanizales.com/backpackerspremiumclass.cfm
    http://www.facebook.com/backpackerspremiumclass

    Let us know what you think!!

    Kate and Diego

    ReplyDelete